So lets jump straight into the guide:
- Format your spare microSD card to FAT32 format.
- Put the microSD card in your device and boot it.
- Download the Android SDK here.
- Unzip the sdk to any folder you like (eg My Documents).
- Go to start menu > select run and type ‘cmd‘ followed by pressing Enter.
- Replacing <address> with the address you unzipped the file to, type cd <address>\android-sdk-windows\tools. eg cd C:\Users\Home\Documents\android-sdk-windows\tools
- Type ‘adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid‘ and press Enter. You should get a very long number which looks like this: 532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402.
- Go to this page, paste in your number and click Submit. Copy this new number.
- Visit this page, enter the new copied number and create your goldcard image, which will be e-mailed to you. Save the file attached in the email to your PC.
- Download and open the HxD Hex Editor, available for download here (“Run as Administrator” under Vista and win 7).
- Go to the ‘Extra’ menu and select ‘Open Disk’. Under physical disk, select Removable Disk (your microSD card), uncheck ‘Open as Readonly’ and click OK. Note that you should select physical disk NOT the logical disk. This is important!
- Go to the ‘Extra’ menu again and select ‘Open Disk Image’. Open the goldcard image that you received by email.
- Press OK when prompted for ‘Sector Size’ (selecting 512 (Hard disks/Floppy disks)) and click OK.
- You should now have two tabs – one is your removable disk, the other is your goldcard image.
- Click on the goldcard image tab. Go to the ‘Edit’ menu, choose ‘Select All’ then select the ‘Edit’ menu again and select ‘Copy’.
- Click on the ‘Removable Disk’ tab. Highlight offset (line) 00000000 to offset (line) 00000170 (including the 00000170 line), then click on the ‘Edit’ menu and select ‘Paste Write’.
- Click on the ‘File’ menu and select ‘Save’, accepting the warning.
And there you have your new GoldCard. You are now ready to continue onto rooting your phone!
Thanks to MiSSigNNo!